GATE Registration 2020 Download GATE Notification, Check GATE Eligibility Criteria and Exam Dates at the official site of GATE i.e. gate.iitg.ac.in
GATE Registration 2020
As we all know Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level Entrance Exam for going admission in PG Courses in Engineering and Technology. GATE 2020 Online Application Form link is going to activate on or after 1st September 2020. Every year GATE exam is conducted for those candidates who want to get admission in Ph.D. Programmes. M.Tech in IIT’s, IISER’s, IISc and many other institutions through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Exam. Basically, GATE exam is organized into seven zones which is the rotational basis. And In this year GATE Exam is going to organized by IIT, Guwahati. To get the job in Government and Private organization in technical field GATE Scorecard played a vital role. On this page, candidates can get complete details regarding GATE 2020 Exam.
Note: Those International candidates who want to get appear in GATE exam than they all must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or completed their PG is (M.Sc) in any relevant subject of science. At the time of GATE Application Form filling all applicant have to upload their proof of qualification certificates. Those candidates who have qualified their qualifying degree in the year of 2017 or before they all must submit their provisional certificate but for others, they all have to upload their certificate which should be approved from principal or head of Institution.
GATE Application Form 2020 (Correction)
While filling Application Form if candidates make any kind of Minor Mistake So, candidates are permitted to do correction on their Application Form. But the correction is allowed after the submission of Application Form. But candidates have to commit the mistake in application form then candidates have to send an email with using subject “Correction in Data with mention your Enrollment Number” with document proof.
As well all Know submission of online registration form for GATE Registration 2020 is over now so candidates whenever officials of GATE Releases it’s Admit Card officially so you all will be notified on the same page. So, keep visiting for further updates.
GATE Correction or Modification will be granted for limited field
- Candidate’s Name
- Name of Guardian or Parent
- Correction in Category (General to OBC and OBC to General)
- Graduated in the above Degree or Not?
- Qualifying Year
GATE 2020 Syllabus
In GATE Exam there is total of 23 papers. For each discipline, the syllabus is totally different. So, if you are going to start your GATE Exam Preparation you all must be aware of its syllabus. It is very hard to describe the whole syllabus topic wise but officials of GATE Exam provide its syllabus on their official web portal which is easily available in PDF format. Candidates can download GATE 2020 Syllabus for AG, AE, CE, AR, CS, BT, EC, CH, EY, CY, EE, GG, XE, MA, IN, MN, ME, PE, MT, PI, PH, TF, and XL.
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
- GATE Exam is going to conduct for Ph.D. Programme or M.Tech in IIS’c, IIT’s and for many other institutions.
- GATE Exam is totally held via online mode which is also known as (CBT) Computer Based Test.
- Total time duration of 3 hrs for GATE Exam.
- There is 65 number of questions with having the total of 100 Marks.
- In the year of 2017 New Section is included in GATE Exam for paper XE which is named as (H) in this section question are asked from Atmospheric and Oceanic Section.
- Two types of question are asked in GATE Exam i.e. (MCQ’s) Multiple Choice Questions and (NAT) Numerical Answer type questions. As you all know In MCQ’s question there is the total of 4 choices are given for each and every question. But for NAT question there are no options which means you all need to enter the real number of NAT questions with using virtual keypad.
- There is one common section in all 23 papers which is (GA) General Aptitude Section which contains the total of 15 questions of 15 marks. (1 Marks for 5 question and 2 marks of 5 questions).
- Marks wise negative marking is applicable i.e. 1/3 marks for those question which having 1 marks and 2/3 marks for those questions which having 2 marks. Note: No negative marking for (NAT) Numerical Answer Type Questions.
Next process is going to apply in the month of January 2020 So, those candidates who are registered themselves in GATE so they all have to visit on this page for further updates.
Section Wise Exam Pattern is mentioned below.
Exam Pattern for all papers except XE, GG & XL :
- 30 questions of 2 marks.
- 25 questions of 2 marks.
- 10 questions for GA Section.
Exam Pattern for GG :
- In Part A there will be 25 questions of 1 marks for each and every question.
- In Part A there will be 30 questions of 2 marks for each and every question. In this part there are 2 sections Questions from Section 1 are coming from Geology and questions from Section 2 from Geophysics.
- And 10 Questions from GA.
Exam Pattern for XE :
- In this Section, questions are asked from Engineering Mathematics which is the compulsory section of all candidates. There is total of 11 questions. 7 questions are having 1 marks and 4 questions are having 2 marks.
- From B to H there are 22 questions. 9 questions are having 1 marks and 13 questions are having 2 marks.
- And 10 Questions from GA.
Exam Pattern for XL :
- For this paper, questions are asked from Section – P which is Chemistry. This Section Contains total of 15 questions. 5 questions are having 1 marks and 10 questions are having 2 marks.
- From Q to U there are 20 questions. 10 questions are having 1 marks and 10 questions are having 2 marks.
- And 10 Questions from GA.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2020
Candidates must have to check their Eligibility Criteria through the table which is mentioned just below. Which is you are going to apply for GATE 2020 Exam you all need to fit this eligibility criterion.
|Required Qualification||Description of Qualification Degree||Degree Status||Passing Year|
|B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Pharma||Applicant must be completed their 4 years B.Tech in any stream or completed their 3 years B.Tech lateral entry in B.Sc or Diploma in Engineering or Technology. And those candidates who are in their final year they can also apply for GATE 2020.||Pursuing Final Year or Completed||2020|
|B.Arch||Applicant should have completed their 5-year bachelor’s degree in Architecture.||Pursuing Final Year or Completed||2020|
|B.S./ B.Sc Research||Applicant should have completed their 4 years Bachelor’s Degree in Science or (Post-Diploma after 10+2)||Pursuing Final Year or Completed||2020|
|M.A/ M.Sc/ MCA or it’s Equivalent||Applicant must have completed their Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Science/ Statistics/ Computer Application or it’s equivalent.||Pursuing Final Year or Completed||2020|
|Int. M.Tech/ M.E (Post B.Sc)||Applicant Must have completed their Post-BSc or Integrated Master’s Degree in Programs in Engineering or Technology.||Pursuing 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th Year or Completed||2020|
|Int. M.Tech/ M.E or Having Dual Degree After Diploma or 10+2||Applicant should have completed their Integrated Master’s Degree Program or Having Completed their Dual Degree Program in Engineering or Technology||Pursuing 4th/ 5th Year or Completed||2020|
|Int. B.S.M.S./ M.Sc||Applicant should have completed their M.Sc or Having 5 year integrated B.S/ M.S Program||Pursuing Final Year or Completed||2020|
|B.E./ B.Arch/ B.Tech Professional Society Examination or it’s equivalent||Applicant must have completed their B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Arch or it’s equivalent exam of Professional Societies which must be approved or recognized by UPSC/ MHRD/ AICTE.||Completed their Section A or it’s Equivalent to professional courses.||NA|
GATE 2020 Admit Card
Before 15 to 20 days of GATE Examination GATE 2020 Admit Card will be available at the official site of GOAPS. And remember one thing which is Admit Card will no be sent via Email or by Post. Those applicants who get successfully registered in GATE Registration 2020 Exam So, candidates on or after January 2020 Candidates can download their Admit Card. Candidates are advised to bring their Printed Admit Card also having ID Proof at the time of Examination.
Hello aspirants ! it is to inform you that the GATE Admit Card 2020 Download is now available at the official website. It has been available to download from yesterday. Also it is, for the convenience of the fellow candidates that we have provided a FAQ On Gate Registration where you can submit your query in the comment section below. We will provide you the exact and every possible Information about GATE Registration and Further proceeding.
Mandatory ID Proof (Bring one of these)
PAN Card, Aadhaar UID, Passport, Employee identification card, Voter ID, Valid College ID or Driving License.
For International Candidates: Passport/ ID should be issued by Government/ Employee ID/ College ID.
GATE 2020 Answer Key
After Completion of GATE 2020 Exam Answer Key is going to releases by the officials of GATE. But it is expected that in the Second week of February 2020 GATE 2020 Answer Key will be uploaded to its official web portal. For Each Discipline GATE Answer Key will be available Separately. There is also a facility of challenging for Answer Key.
GATE 2020 Score Card
Those Candidates who get qualified for GATE 2020 Exam for them officials are providing GATE 2020 Score Card and it is valid for 3 years after the announcement of Result. Basically, GATE Score Card defines the performance of candidates in the Entrance Exam. An option of downloading of Admit Card is available at the end of March 2020.
GATE Result 2020
After Examination GATE 2020 Result is going to published on the official site of GOAPS. And it is expected that GATE Result is going to announce on March 2020. After releasing of GATE Result it’s Score Card is also available on the same web portal after that you can go for it Cut Off’s. Download Here
GATE Cut Off 2020
After Result Category Wise Cut Off Marks are also available on its official site. Basically with the help of GATE Cut Off Marks candidates can check their eligibility criteria for getting admission in IISc and IITs. But they all have to qualify GATE 2020 Exam.
GATE Exam Expected Cut Off Marks
|Papers||Cut Off 2020||Expected (2020)||Cut Off 2020||Expected (2020)||Cut Off 2020||Expected (2020)|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||44.3||43-48||39.8||37-42||29.5||27-32|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||32.87||30-35||29||27-32||21||19-24|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||28.7||26-31||25.8||23-28||19.1||17-22|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||25.2||24-29||25.2||23-28||16.7||14-19|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||25||23-28||22.5||21-26||16.6||14-19|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||22.5||21-26||22.5||21-26||16.6||14-19|
GATE Counselling 2020
When Admission notification is released on the official site for GATE Registration So after those students have to apply individually to the IIT’s which means there is no any common counseling will be conducted by IIT’s to get admission in PG courses. So, NIT’s is going to organize the Centralized counseling for M.Arch/ M.Tech/ M.Plan. This is common counseling which is conducted by NIT’s and it is totally based on GATE 2020 Scores.
How to prepare for GATE 2020 Exam?
Candidates if you are going to start your GATE Exam Preparation than firstly you need to lot of hard work. And Candidates are advised to go through the whole syllabus. You all just need to decide and plan your Study hour. You all must know your Strength and Weaknesses. You must do the mock test and practice Previous Year GATE Question Paper.
Check Here: Gate Official Website
Important Dates to Remember :
|Gate 2020 Online Application Starts||1st September 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application||22nd September 2020|
|Application Corrections||26th November 2020|
|Last Date for Registration (With Late Fees)||1st October 2020|
|Correction of Gender/ Category/ Dyslexia/ PwD Status and other similar learning disabilities.||31st October to 7th November 2020|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||16th November 2020|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts||4th January 2020|
|Gate Aptitude Test||2nd & 3rd February (9:30 AM to 12:00 Noon) and 9th & 10th February 2020 (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM)|
|Answer Key Release||Within a few days after the examination|
|Result Announcement||16th March 2020|
|Score Card Release Date||20th March to 31st May 2020|
|Counseling Starts From||1st Week of April 2020|
GATE Registration 2020
- Applicant can apply via Online Mode through the official site of GOAPS
- GATE Registration is going to start on 1st September 2020.
- Registration end till the 22nd September 2020.
- GATE 2020 Application Form link is available on its official site.
- Now you have to click on “New User”
- After Successfully registration you can get access to GOAPS
- Now you all need to Login to the page by using GOAPS Enrollment Number and Password.
- While Filling Application Form candidates need to upload Scanned Documents. i.e. signature, photograph, degree certificates, thumb impression and caste certificate.
- 1 GATE Registration 2020
- 1.1 GATE 2020 Syllabus
- 1.1.1 GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
- 1.1.2 Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2020
- 1.1.3 GATE 2020 Admit Card
- 1.1.4 Download Gate Admit Card 2020
- 1.1.5 GATE 2020 Answer Key
- 1.1.6 GATE 2020 Score Card
- 1.1.7 GATE Result 2020
- 1.1.8 GATE Cut Off 2020
- 1.1.9 GATE Exam Expected Cut Off Marks
- 1.1.10 GATE Counselling 2020
- 1.1.11 How to prepare for GATE 2020 Exam?
- 1.1.12 GATE Registration 2020
- 1.1 GATE 2020 Syllabus